For group bookings please contact
017687 77246 or
Paul Mason (teacher at Moulsham High School and previously at Thurstable School), 20th October 2014.
Other adventure activities
Derwentwater Independent Hostel is the ideal venue for outdoor activities, from orienteering in our spacious grounds, to kayaking on the lake and walking up the fells. We work closely with well-established, fully qualified, and very friendly local activity providers who all have an excellent reputation with school, youth, adult, and family groups. You can either contact the activity providers directly, or ask our advice about the best way to tailor your week.
Some of the activities:
- Gorge scrambling
- Rock climbing
- Mountain biking
- Via ferrata
- Mine exploration
- Problem solving
- Tyrolean gorge crossing
- Coracle Building
- Raft Building
- Viking Boating
Recommended local outdoor activity providers used by groups at the hostel are:
- Glaramara Outdoor Centre www.glaramara.co.uk Tel: 017687 77222. For groups Glaramara also provide minibus transport.
- Keswick Adventure Centre www.keswickadventurecentre.com Tel: 017687 75687
- Platty+ (watersports only) www.plattyplus.co.uk Tel: 017687 77282. A 20 minute walk from the hostel, at Lodore Landing.
- Nichol End Marine (watersports only) www.nicholendmarine.co.uk Tel: 017687 73082
- Derwent Water Marina (watersports only) www.derwentwatermarina.co.uk Tel: 017687 72912
Horse riding is available at Rookin House Farm (11 miles from the hostel) on the way to Ullswater:
www.rookinhouse.co.uk Tel: 017684 83561
Pony Trekking at Park Foot near Ullswater Tel: 017684 86696