For group bookings please contact
017687 77246 or
Blundell Family, May 2019
Group Booking Terms & Conditions
1. If you are booking more than 6 months in advance we require a holding deposit of £10% of the total cost, then a 25% deposit 6 months before your stay and the final balance to be paid 4 weeks before your stay.
2. If booking within 6 months of your stay, we require a 25% deposit and the balance is due for payment 4 weeks in advance of your stay.
Free Leader Places
We offer 1 free adult leader place for every 10 paying particpants to schools and groups of young people booking full board accommodation (dinner, bed, breakfast and packed lunch).
Receipt of free leader places are conditional on deposit payments being made in line with the schedule above.
How To Make Your Payment
BACS. Payment by BACS/direct bank transfer to:
Bank: Barclays Bank
Account Number: 53598047
Sort Code: 20-17-19
Account Name: Derwentwater Independent Hostel
Cheque. Cheques made payable to Derwentwater Independent Hostel can be mailed to the hostel address.
Card Payment. Card payments can be made by phone on 017687 77246. Please quote your group name, your invoice number and the amount you are paying.
1. Cancellations by groups will be subject to a cancellation charge as follows:
- more than 42 days - loss of any deposits paid
- 41 to 28 days - 60% of the total cost of your stay
- 27 to 15 days - 90% of the total cost of your stay
- 14 days or less - the total cost of your stay
Cancellation due to COVID or similar event
Cancellation by the Hostel. In the event of government restrictions requiring the hostel to close, you will be entitled to a full refund or transfer to another date. To continue to hold your booking, we require all deposit payments to be paid on time, even in these uncertain times.
Cancellation by You. In the event of any cancellation by you, we will apply the cancellation charges as detailed above. We recommend that you make sure you have adequate insurance in place to cover your organisation for the loss of depsoit payments incurred due to cancellation on your part, caused by the group, or members of the group, being unable to travel due to self isolation requirements, or any other covid related issues on your part.
We shall only keep and use the information which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out contact with you or informing you of other services and offers. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group trips on the Keswick Launch
Birmingham University Wilderness Medicine Students
Working together on Derwent Water
Self catering kitchen
Barrow Cascade: the waterfall in our grounds
Classrooms in the forest
Raft building (and floating!)
Be a Viking for a day!